QA Engineer at NowPow
Position Title: QA Engineer
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Collaborates with: Product Management department, potential customers and current users, Technology Department, Service Information Department, Analytics Department, various NowPow administrative staff, and select third party vendors.
We are looking for a QA Engineer with experience in both Test Automation and manual testing of SaaS solutions in an Agile Development environment. You will work with the engineering team to lead, plan, and help execute our agile testing strategy with our releases. A good candidate will be excited to take on new challenges, be able to plan and implement test strategies at a high level, and be ready to jump into the details of the test execution. You will be responsible for transitioning the NowPow team from a manual testing strategy to an automated testing strategy, so experience in this area is a big plus. An understanding of the .NET framework, Web/UI technologies, and C# is required.
• Work with the Engineering and Product team to lead, develop, and help execute the test plans for each NowPow release.
• Participate in product requirement and design reviews with product managers and other engineers.
• Develop Test plans and Test cases for the functional areas to be tested.
• Execute test cases during the development sprints and document results.
• Develop a test automation strategy with the Engineering team
• Design, build and maintain a test automation suite
• Own the regression testing of the product and build tools to automate and facilitate the regression testing process
• Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
• Provide feedback for improving development processes.
• Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design.
• Work with the Customer Support team to reproduce customer problems and to provide solutions to customers
• Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, time information per internal standards.
• BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent
• 2+ years of experience conducting regression, functional, and performance tests in an enterprise software development environment
• Experience in test automation and the ability to write and build testing code is required
• Microsoft .NET 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 experience (ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET) preferred
• Experience with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Track record of superior performance
• Comfortable absorbing new technologies quickly
• Passion to build great software