This role is part of the Quality Assurance team, and is responsible for testing and release management for Conversant Technology, which provides technology and services that help advertisers, agencies, and publishers manage their interactive and traditional advertising activities. This role will work closely with Product Management to confirm requirements and provide status updates on testing, and with Engineering to carry out troubleshooting and pre-release testing, as well as managing the release process, including post-release and regression testing. In addition, the QA Engineer will have the opportunity to become familiar with testing automation using tools such as Selenium, Python, Docker, and Atlassian as part of their day-to-day responsibilities.
The candidate should have an ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast paced, product centric environment. The candidate will work both independently and as part of the team to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Design and build automated test frameworks and test suites. Utilize innovative testing technologies to develop product's testing strategy.
- Review quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.
- Analyze test logs; create test reports, coordinate with stakeholders
- Participation in release process through confirmation of QA status, post-release testing, daily product stand-up meetings, etc
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS required, technical discipline preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Quality Assurance or Information Technology role.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Working knowledge of Python, Selenium, Postman, and other web technologies.
- Demonstrated experience estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating quality testing activities.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Hands-on experience with black box testing.
- Experience working in a Scrum/SDLC development process.
- Strong in these personal attributes:
- Good communicator (spoken and written)
- Organized, with attention to detail