QA Lead at closerlook, inc.
closerlook’s QA Lead is a hands-on technical leader who defines QA strategy and approach for all of the agency’s work while securing our customers’ expectations and the highest quality results possible. They are proactive, motivated and detail-oriented with a focus on people, process and the technology necessary to consistently achieve expected results. The QA Lead is responsible for identifying opportunities to increase quality and reliability while mitigating risk throughout the agency – not limited to tech. The role provides expertise throughout the entire project lifecycle with a strong sense of ownership over results while ensuring quality is baked in from the start. They will increasingly broaden the scope and maximize effectiveness of the quality assurance function through modernization, standardization, creating awareness and collaborating cross-functionally.
- Direct the development of the QA strategy, methodology, discipline and framework. Driving and improving the QA team in areas of automated testing, standardization and broadening scope.
- Partner with multiple functions to exceed client expectations and meet delivery commitments.
- Creates and executes test plans, clearly documents defects and verifies fixes for:
- Complex marketing reports, ETL jobs and data warehousing using T-SQL
- Proprietary web applications utilizing a variety of web technologies
- Email marketing campaigns and flows sent from Marketo, Veeva/Salesforce and more
- Non-technical client deliverables such as legal submissions, print pieces and more
- Consultative approach able to identify and mitigate risks before they become issues as far upstream as possible while providing solution-oriented recommendations
- Practice strong leadership skills with experience implementing and shaping the agency’s QA processes and strategies while being an emphatic advocate for quality throughout
- Build strong professional relationships and provide feedback, coaching and delegation to the QA team by means of ongoing meetings, cross-training, courses, certifications, etc.
- Deliver high quality work that exceeds client expectations
- Work with Account and Project Delivery to inform, scope, estimate, monitor and guide work to completion on time, within budget and of quality.
- Provide expertise in test automation, methodologies, processes, tools and techniques as they apply to all functions at closerlook to maximize quality, reliability and effectiveness
- Conduct cross-browser compatibility testing and functional web testing on Windows, Macintosh, iOS and Android operating systems on desktop computers and mobile devices
- Routinely monitor our systems for defects and own incident reports for client-facing defects along with identifying and mitigating the root cause
- 6+ years experience as a Quality Assurance professional for various technology deliverables
- 3+ years experience as a Quality Assurance Manager overseeing complex activities or processes
- MS SQL Server experience and strong SQL skills, T-SQL preferred
- Experience testing ETL jobs
- Experience analyzing and testing stored procedures
- Experience with building and executing complex, manual test plans
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and multi-media testing
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle from inception to deployment
- Excellent communication skills and extreme detail orientation
- Proactive, detail oriented problem solver with strong organization skills
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and clients
- Experience with automation frameworks, continuous integration platforms, test management tools, and/or other QA services
- Strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automated, ideally in a continuous delivery environment
- Experience taking a QA team from manual to automated testing
- Experience leveraging continuous integration methods
- Experience in software development, email operations or ETL programming
- Experience at a marketing agency in a regulated industry
- Experience testing HTML emails and related CRM campaigns
- Experience ensuring systems, process and technologies remain compliant