QA Team Lead
NowPow, whose name is a play on knowledge is power, is a women-owned and led technology business based on Chicago’s south side. NowPow’s technology platform is a multi-sided, community resource network management solution that enables care professionals – social workers, physicians, justice workers – to manage and close the loop on health and social service referrals. The platform helps people get the care they need, whether they are managing chronic health and social conditions or just staying well.
Built on the scientific research of Dr. Stacy Lindau’s CommunityRx project, a $5.8 million Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) innovation award, NowPow pioneers the idea of “e-prescribing” community resources at the point of care. NowPow generates these personalized e-prescriptions by applying a rigorous matching methodology to our enormous inventory of community services and an individual’s personal health and social conditions – such as ability to pay, ability to travel, and so on.
Integrating with all major hospital and doctor electronic health record systems, NowPow produces community resource e-prescriptions that extend, complement and complete care plans given to the patient by providers, allowing for patient care to continue outside of the hospital.
Position Title: QA Manager
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Collaborates with: Product Management department, potential customers and current users, Technology Department, Community Resources Department, Analytics Department, various NowPow administrative staff, and select third party vendors.
The NowPow QA Manager is a hands-on role responsible for continuously improving the quality of the NowPow software platform in our agile development process. You will work with our QA and Engineering teams to lead, plan, and execute our testing strategy. In this role you will be responsible for managing QA associates and interns and helping to grow the team as our company grows.
As a small and growing startup, our current testing strategy includes mostly manual tests with some initial selenium-based test automation. You will be responsible for transitioning the NowPow team from a mostly manual testing strategy to a mostly automated testing strategy, so experience in this area is a big plus. An understanding of the .NET framework, Web/UI technologies, and C# is strongly preferred.
- Lead, plan, and execute NowPow’s testing strategy
- Work with the Engineering and Product team to lead, develop, and help execute the test plans for each NowPow release
- Coordinate project tasks across team members to ensure sprint success
- Participate in requirement and design reviews with product managers and other engineers
- Provide feedback for improving development processes
- Manage and mentor a team
- Build and manage a team of QA Associates and interns
- Build team skills through regular check-ins
- Mentor team in best practices and industry standards
- Automate our testing strategy
- Continue to improve our test automation strategy with the Engineering team
- Monitor the existing automated tests
- Design, build and maintain a test automation suite
- Own the regression testing of the product and build tools to automate and facilitate the regression testing process.
- BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience conducting regression, functional, and performance tests in an enterprise software development environment
- Experience in test automation and the ability to write and build testing code is required
- Microsoft .NET experience preferred
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of superior performance
- Comfortable absorbing new technologies quickly
- Passion to build great software