Quality Assurance Engineer
Rocket Travel, Inc., a subsidiary of Booking Holdings, is a hotel booking platform that enables customers to earn rewards from over 60 loyalty programs. We are seeking a QA Engineer to help us design and ship the best and highest quality travel technology software on the planet. We're looking for candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Hands on experience with functional web and mobile testing, along with server based applications testing.
- Comfortable with manual and automated testing.
- Experience with API testing tools such as Postman.
- Scripting experience is a plus (Python, Bash, etc.).
- Understanding of relational databases with ability to write SQL queries.
- Agile and development lifecycle process expertise.
- Exposure to end-to-end automation technologies such as Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, or Cypress.
- DevOps, systems, and network administration proficiency.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
Technologies we use:
AWS, Android, Charles Proxy, Crashlytics, Datadog, Git, Google Analytics, Intellij, iOS, Java, Jenkins, Jira, JUnit, Linux, MailChimp, Mandrill, MockLab, MySQL Workbench, OneSignal, Postico, Postman, Protractor, Raygun, Runscope, Salesforce, SauceLabs, Selenium, Snowplow, Mocha, Protractor, VS Code, Xcode, etc.
- Execute acceptance, regression, and exploratory testing against application updates.
- Active participant in design reviews and requirements gathering sessions with product managers and other engineers.
- Writer of detailed bug reports and user stories.
- Coordinate application releases and deployment into test and/or production environments.
- Provider of 2nd tier technical support to our users, customer support, product, and dev teams
Rocket Travel, Inc is a place where you:
- Get support to build your professional career through mentorship, leadership opportunities.
- Work with intrinsically motivated folks with a track record of building new businesses from scratch.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including 401k matching, health and dental insurance
- Choosing your own computer/gear.
- Receiving a monthly cell phone stipend.
- Enjoying unlimited vacation, with free travel credits and travel together with the Rocket family.
- Working remotely as needed, in a team with a remote-friendly culture.
- Learning at bi-monthly engineering lunch-and-learns for professional development.
- Enjoying free snacks, drinks, and coffee at our dog-friendly Chicago office in the West Loop.
- Meet leaders of Chicago tech community at Rocket Speaker Sessions.
- Can be a part of the mentorship and empowering group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.