Quality Engineer - External Manufacturing at Fast Radius
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:31 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, December 17, 2020
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
We’re looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to work with our injection molding, CNC, and cast urethane supply chain partners to ensure that the quality technical deliverables and related communication flow between customer, Fast Radius, and supplier occurs in a timely and accurate manner. This includes, but limited to, customer quality response management, CAPA, FAI, PPAP and 8D reports.
Please apply if you’d be excited to grow into this role and make it your own, even if you don’t check all the boxes below.
About The Job:
- Manage quality work flow with the CNC, Injection Molding, and Cast Urethane supply chain partners
- Manage CAPA, FAI, PPAP, and 8D reports related to CNC, IM, and CU suppliers
- Actively manage the external customer quality response and related closure of issues
- Act as technical quality liaison between external supply partners, Fast Radius and customers
- Work with supply chain on external supplier qualification, decertification and related processes
- Manage the approved supplier list for external supply chain partners opportunities
- Execute quality planning for custom, on-demand projects and assure that external supplier quality capabilities and customer job requirements align and that gaps are identified
- Own internal audit for Fast Radius QMS
- Assist in customer onboarding and certification audits
- 5-12 years of quality work experience with increasing responsibilities in CNC, injection molding, and related manufacturing quality engineering
- Experience within an accredited quality management system (AS9100D, ISO13485, IATF16949, ISO9001:2015) and successful independent audit record
- Experience working with overseas suppliers is highly desirable
- Conversational in Mandarin preferred but not required
- Quick learner who can successfully deliver on quality tasks and objectives in an autonomous team-based work environment
- Ability to successfully work across the organization, address gaps, and drive for results in a high growth environment
- Inclusive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
- Passion for problem solving and process development
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description