Quality Inspection Supervisor at Fast Radius
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:50 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, October 19, 2021
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly-listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics.
We are seeking a self-motivated quality supervisor to manage the daily transactional quality part inspection function at May Street - Chicago and ensure that all daily inspection activity is completed in a timely and accurate manner. The ideal candidate will have experience in quality inspection and/or quality management. This fast-paced industry has exciting opportunities and is growing daily. Applicants should have willingness to be quickly trained and dive into the role and can work independently with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- The Quality Inspection Supervisor will manage all elements of the quality inspection function and serve as primary contact point for the area.
- Will work with quality engineering on the usage of quality software applications within the quality inspection function.
- Must understand basic elements of quality and the broader quality management system
- Develop a more robust receiving inspection process and better formalize MRB process.
- Ensure that the end-to-end function aligns with regulatory, certification, and customer requirements.
- Ensuring documentation is complete and items for review and final disposition are segregated accordingly.
- Will work with the production team on a daily basis and ensure that the inspection plan and related activities align with production and shipping goals.
- Ensure that all quality inspectors are trained with proficiency assessed and that all related training documentation are updated, stored, and delivered via the Lessonly platform.
- Will work with quality engineering on identifying all trends and important customer feedback via the CCL program and deliver appropriate training and feedback to the inspectors and technicians.
- Hands on experience in training with familiarity in training tools, software, and techniques
- Must be able to effectively communicate quality inspection reports and updates to the broader Fast Radius team
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in the quality inspection area or related.
- Ability to develop and deliver quality inspection reports in accordance with established plans.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Other production tasks as workload varies.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in quality and/or help desk-related disciplines
- 2-4 years’ experience in an operations manufacturing environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability leading and managing key training initiatives
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office Excel, Word, Google Sheets
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description