R&D Engineer, Computer Vision & Deep Learning at CCC
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
This is an evergreen/continuous posting for future R&D Engineer / Data Scientist roles within CCC.
Please know you may not be contacted immediately but when we have an available position open, we will be reviewing candidates who have applied to this posting.
Are you ready to interact with a petabyte of data on a daily basis?
Are you excited about the advancements in mobile and wearable devices, the Internet-of-Things (IoT), machine learning, and technology as a whole? Do you want to work on developing Software-as-a-Service with like-minded people and turn your passion into a career?
If so, we’re looking for someone like you on our team.
At CCC, you will work alongside Senior data scientists and machine learning engineers in an agile environment researching new technologies building state-of-the-art AI solutions.
- Identify and implement state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning methods to automate car insurance industry including segmentation techniques, video classification and object detection/classification.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and interpret information.
- Document and assist in designing software solutions.
- Team up with data scientists and machine learning engineers and software engineers to help in translating requirements into applications.
- Evaluate new products and technologies and socialize findings.
- Design, optimize, and operate AI models .
- Work with data scientists and other technical staff to operationalize analysis and machine learning algorithms.
- Work extensively with the latest open source tools.
- PhD or Master’s degree with 2+ years of industry experience in a computer science field or related discipline such as engineering or mathematics
- Experience using agile or iterative approaches
- Knowledge of deep learning tools such as Tensorflow, Keras and Pytorch
- Experience with the Python data science stack: numpy, scikit-learn, pandas, matplotlib
- Knowledge of computer vision applications and deep learning techniques
- Experience with general machine learning tools to build models and analyze data using Python
- Demonstrated skills in coding. Software development experience a plus
- Eagerness to collaborate with other team members, good interpersonal communication, and organizational skills
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS
- Knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of practical experience in deep learning in computer vision
- Parallel computing and analytics skills
- Familiarity with software design and scalable software architectures
- Familiarity with NVIDIA GPUs and driver softwares