React Native Front End Developer
Saggezza is a proven technology and consulting partner that delivers personalized, high-value solutions to accelerate business growth. We consult, create experiences, analyze, modernize and digitize to help our clients adapt and transform the way they do business. Saggezza consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. We are chartered to do one thing, and one thing only – to bring enabling technology to our clients that allows them to move their business forward.
We’re looking for a mid-to-senior-level front end developer comfortable to join a small team working in the React Native ecosystem.
We’re compiling for both Android and iOS, and as such we’d hope you have experience with both as well. In joining this team, you’ll be working with other developers on a completely new code base. Ideally, you’d feel comfortable defining and enforcing best practices, and working without heavy reliance on other developers. As it’s a new code base, communication protocols haven’t been defined, but at a minimum you should feel comfortable consuming RESTful endpoints. GraphQL is a bonus, but not required.
Apart from the everyday requirements of this role, ideal candidates should be well-rounded front-end developers. You should be comfortable working closely with designers and UX researchers - capable of providing guidance when needed or clarifying the feasibility of proposed designs. Ideally, you’d have experience receiving mockups in InVsion, AxShare, or something similar, but this isn’t a deal breaker.
You should be able to demonstrate strong CSS skills and should have experience working with some version of precompiled CSS, such as SCSS or LESS. We’d hope you’ve been leveraging version control to handle parallel or coordinated development efforts on the same code base. Ideally, you’d feel comfortable configuring development scripts and tools through NPM, Gulp, or some other task runner, along with at least a basic understanding of the Webpack ecosystem. Experience in any CMS or ADA compliance knowledge would be a great bonus as well.
This is a client facing role, and as such, we strive for great client service along with strong communication and interpersonal skills. You can expect to interact with clients on a daily basis, and as you’ll be writing the occasional report, documentation, or presentation, solid oral and written communication skills are essential.
What You Will Definitely Need
- Deep level expertise of React Native (Android & iOS Compilation)
- Comfortable Enforcing Best Practices
- RESTful Consumption
- CSS (Precompiled: SCSS or LESS)
- Version Control (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Strong Oral/Written Communication
What We Would Love to See
- Experience with the following:
- InVision, AxShare, etc.
- Code Cleanliness (eslint, Prettier, etc.)
- Content Management Systems
- ADA Compliance
- Scripting (NPM, Gulp, etc.)
- Webpack Configuration
- MVC Frameworks (React, Angular, etc.)
- Component Libraries (Storybook, Styleguidist, etc.)
Don’t tick all the boxes? Don’t worry about it: we still want to hear from you if you think you’re the right person for the job.
What Makes Saggezza Unique?
Strong Relationships: We take the time to know our clients well, from the way they do business to their culture and their unique pain points. This level of engagement enables us to develop highly effective solutions.
Clients First: We work to understand our clients then develop a unique point of view to address their pain points. We do whatever it takes to provide the right solutions to address their specific situation.
A Trusted Partner: We collaborate as a true strategic partner and work side-by-side to develop the best solutions to bring our clients’ businesses into the future.
Passionate Mindset: We have an unending passion for technology and teamwork. We develop highly effective solutions to help our clients tackle the complex digital landscape.
Creating Value: The right investment in digital change is critical for our clients. That’s why we develop personalized, highly effective solutions that deliver value for their businesses.
Delivery Excellence: Our proven processes provide high-quality solutions that are delivered on time.
Why Join Our Team
- Our culture is diverse with endless opportunities to work for global corporations in their own backyard.
- Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
- We are not hierarchical but operate as a flat surface where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated and innovation is encouraged.
- At Saggezza, we are fortunate to have a strong mentorship program that provides each and every one of our consultants the ability to thrive professionally and personally.
- We are only as good as our people. Saggezza, Italian for wisdom, is rooted from the perspective that knowledge is power. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of software development.
- We welcome all types of innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to grow with our team.
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.