Ruby Contractor at CityBase
CityBase is a growing startup, headquartered in Chicago.
CityBase creates technology to make local government more personal and responsive. We work with municipalities, agencies, and utilities to integrate their business processes and customer interactions with a cloud-based platform accessible through web, mobile, kiosk, and point-of-sale.
What we’re looking for:
We have an opportunity for a skilled Ruby developer to join our team, on a contract basis, to help us build well tested, extensible, secure solutions for our clients. We’re looking for a motivated, and organized individual who can efficiently plan and implement high quality solutions.
- Write readable, tested and extensible Ruby that solves business problems
- Work independently and in collaboration with a small team on the delivery of specific projects within tightly constrained deadlines
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors to integrate with external APIs
- >3+ years of software development experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails and PostgresQL
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs (REST, SOAP) and writing Ruby wrappers for APIs
- Experience working with complex legacy applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to document system architecture
- Confident in the use of Git and Github
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to deliver on time
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex requirements into simple software solutions