Salesforce – CPQ Solution Architect at Slalom
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We believe in what's possible and shape what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our seven regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
As a Platinum Salesforce partner, we help our clients transform the way they connect with their customers. Our team is made up of Salesforce-certified experts with experience across the Salesforce Customer Success Platform and multiple industries. As the 3rd largest global Salesforce partner, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities and exposing our people to interesting and diverse projects.
Salesforce CPQ - Solutions Architect
Who you are:
The Solution Architect serves as subject matter expert on Salesforce Configure, Price, Quote projects responsible for client delivery, proposals, new business opportunities, and knowledge management. The Solution Architect works closely with the Product Owner and Technical Architect to understand requirements and enable the authoring/development of quality solutions that meet the requirements.
- Serves as the technical leader for Salesforce CPQ projects onsite at client locations
- Translates business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce CPQ platform
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions. Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to developers
- Follow and understand new Salesforce product and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions
- Provide expertise during sales efforts to estimate the technical level of effort
- Present to potential clients during sales efforts and be able to pull together quick proof of concepts as needed
- Participate in marketing events (e.g. sales meetings, Dreamforce events)
- Demonstrate thought leadership through publishing, public speaking and client presentations
- Coach and mentor junior technical and functional team members
- Ability to lead or participate in technical integration discussions and design workshops
- Ability to create high level architecture diagrams that you can relate to both technical and business minded individuals
- Ability to optimize product configurations and guided selling paths
- Act as the solution owner during the project, ensuring the projects scope and outcomes are on track
- Interview candidates
- Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
- 7+ years of CRM industry experience and/or CPQ implementation experience
- 2+ years of hands on experience with Salesforce CPQ (preferred), Apttus, Oracle CPQ Cloud, Oracle Fusion CRM, or other similar enterprise-level applications
- Understanding of complementary CPQ applications such as DocuSign, Adobe Sign, and Avalara Tax
- Minimum 3 years of Salesforce platform experience (4+ years preferred)
- Complete understanding of data models and product/pricing master data management
- Experience in B2B or B2C E-Commerce is highly desired
- Excellent client-facing written and oral communications skills
- Prior experience as a Solution Architect or similar role on 3+ projects that were at least 6 months in duration
- Active Salesforce certifications or ability to achieve relevant certifications upon hire with in first several months
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.