Showpad is the leading sales enablement platform for the modern seller. Showpad’s all-in-one platform empowers sales and marketing teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software and innovative sales content and engagement solutions.
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the position
Showpad is hiring a Salesforce Developer to join our Business Operations team. You will be the primary development resource for SFDC internally, responsible for maintaining our Salesforce instance and integration with other platform applications (e.g. NetSuite), amongst a team of peers focused on development, analysis, project management, and operations for our global organization.
You will design, develop, implement, and integrate Showpad’s Salesforce instance, as well as participate in the overall architecture of the Salesforce instance. This role will support a complex SFDC environment that supports Showpad’s daily operations and growth. Additionally, the Salesforce Developer will assist our SFDC Administrator with requests as necessary. The Salesforce Developer will keep current on Salesforce best practices and new features that may be implemented as part of any related project. We'll rely on your experience and your broad and deep knowledge of the various modules of Salesforce to surface both standard and creative solutions to meet those needs.
Key responsibilities as a Salesforce Developer at Showpad
- Build custom or declarative applications on the force.com platform based on industry best practices
- Participate in solution brainstorming, research, decision making and testing
- Ensure all work is thoroughly documented in the appropriate format (Confluence, etc)
- Offer technical support and maintenance for delivered projects and solutions
- Identify solutions that suit business needs, fit the environment, and meet project requirements
- Maintain and enhance system performance by analyzing and identifying inefficiencies
- Design data models, user interfaces, business logic and security for custom applications
- Scope level of effort and potential options for delivery of applications
- Set reasonable estimates of the time required for development and then meet deadlines set by those estimates; ability to quickly and effectively prioritize multiple requests
Skills and qualifications we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of Salesforce Development experience and/or equivalent education/experience
- Active Platform Developer I Certification. Platform Developer II preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of Salesforce and extended knowledge of those capabilities utilizing custom code (Apex, s-controls) and/or integration with other systems
- Prior experience developing Apex triggers and both synchronous and asynchronous Apex classes
- Experience with SFDC object design, SOQL & SOSL, and the Salesforce.com data model
- Packaged and Deployed customizations from Sandbox to other environments using Force.com IDE
- Understanding of APIs, experience integrating and leveraging one previous
- Usage of tools like gitlab for version repository and for continuous integration/deployments
- Experience with Development Tools and technologies: Visual Studio Code (or similar IDE), Git, SVN etc
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Slide, Docs, Sheets)
- Over 2 years of experience in lightning platform using lightning components, process builder, lightning flow, lightning app and Platform Events
- CRM domain knowledge with relevance to the SaaS industry and its sales channels
- Experience with Salesforce/SteelBrick CPQ, Marketo, Looker, FinancialForce, Gainsight, Outreach
- Prior development experience integrating Salesforce with NetSuite or another ERP is also a plus
- Experience working with any or all of the following: Aura / Lightning Design System, Heroku and Mobile Application Development (Salesforce SDK, iOS, Android)
- Experience working with a distributed team across time zones preferred
- 2-3 years experience working with Sales, Deal Desk, or Operations preferred
- Capability to work independently in a fast paced team environment
- Strong organization skills - managing small projects or multiple tasks