Security Engineer (DevOps)
Position: Security Engineer (DevOps)
Location: Chicago or New York
Raise, a leading retail payments company and the world’s largest gift card marketplace, connects consumers to buy discounted gift cards or sell their unwanted cards for cash. As the leading retail technology partner with nearly 400 national brands, Raise offers a new type of digital payment for retailers.
Since the company launched in 2013, Raise has saved millions of consumers more than $140 million and has received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, PayPal, Bessemer Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates. Raise is headquartered in Chicago with an office in New York.
About The Position
Raise is looking for a Security Engineer with a passion for DevOps to join our Security and Infrastructure team. In this position, you will work alongside our Platform Engineering team, which is responsible for designing and implementing our cloud infrastructure to support our next generation micro services platform. You will also help lead the security design of our cloud infrastructure and associated technologies to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our data and applications. The ideal candidate has a diverse, hands-on technical background in systems and network management, specializes in cloud technologies, and has a passion for security.
- Lead the overall security design and implementation of our AWS infrastructure and services.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering to align the needs of the Security team with existing processes and procedures.
- Assess, review and audit application, network, host and service configurations to ensure security best practices.
- Identify, research and implement technical solutions to address security concerns, improve auditability or improve efficiency of our infrastructure or employees.
- Own and support AWS infrastructure and tools implemented for security needs.
- Work across the technology organization to promote process improvements to increase the security of our infrastructure.
Skills & Qualifications
- Extensive experience managing and securing Amazon Web Services in a large-scale, high concurrency environment
- Experience hardening Linux containers and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong background working in Linux/Unix environments
- Demonstrable proficiency with one or more scripting languages (Ruby, Go, Python, bash, etc)
- Extensive experience with “infrastructure as code” and automation/configuration management tools such as Terraform, Chef, Ansible as well as the selection process around these tools
- Strong understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS, DDoS detection/prevention, and network and host anomaly detection through both automated (NIDS/HIDS) and manual means
- Familiarity with SSO/SAML utilizing Microsoft ADFS, Active Directory, Google OAuth, etc
- 5+ years working as an Engineer in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate technical concepts, possibilities and limitations to a non-technical audience
- High attention to detail and constructive attitude in peer code reviews or other collaborative methods
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable experience
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, CISSP or similar certification is a plus!
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) with match, disability and life insurance
- Competitive PTO
- Raise Gives Back- 8 paid hours allotted annually for volunteer opportunities
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid parental leave
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V