Senior Android Developer
Sr Android Developer
We are looking for a Senior Developer with expertise in the Android platform. The ideal candidate is a very technical hands-on developer who has developed sophisticated mobile applications for large enterprises.
Day to Day responsibilities
- Build beautifully designed applications that drive true impact to the way companies operate, and consumers live their daily lives.
- Hands on involvement with initial POC's for complex or first time implementation of features/technologies, then carrying that work through to the end product.
- Identify learning areas and facilitate/organize knowledge sharing, to the team, as well as with client leadership.
- Conduct code reviews.
- Continuous evaluation of code (new and old) in terms of performance/scalability (something that was performant last year might not be this year with 100k more users for example).
- Componentization of Android applications to create a central component repository that also supports federated development.
- Move project applications away from deprecated functions of the Android OS.
- Initiate/Lead/Participate in design sessions for new features and produce relevant documentation coming out of those sessions.
- Be a lead in communication between local client, development teams, and offshore teams on a daily basis
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 4+ years experience in Mobile development
- Track record in the design and build of large-scale Android solutions.
- Experience developing and designing cross platform mobile applications for Fortune 1000 companies (provide examples from the Play Store)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field
- Enterprise web development experience is a plus
- Expert knowledge in Android development
- Experience in iOS application development is a major plus
- Experience in all aspects of application development including establishing coding standards, code reviews, source control management, deployment and build processes, and testing
- Experience integrating mobile applications with external APIs/web services (XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, OAuth, etc)
- Experience working in an agile environment and with service-oriented (SOA) and microservices architectures
- Ability to work in a highly productive, fast-paced environment
- Experience with multi-tier system development for large enterprises
- An interest and knowledge in the latest industry trends and standards
About Productive Edge:
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based leader in digital transformation. As digital business consultants, we focus on digital strategy, customer experience, operations improvement, and product & services enablement. How do we do this? Through launching solutions for Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI), Intelligent Automation (IA), Internet of Things (IoT), and Cloud Native Solutions. Sounds fun, right? It gets better...and that’s where you come in!
Productive Edge offers the dynamic opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment that values innovation and creativity. We are a culture that stays on the cusp of today’s developing and emerging technologies. Our passion, ingenuity, and dedication sets us apart from other consultants (as does our modern work atmosphere with fun outings, foosball, stocked fridge and other activities). Because we work with and develop solutions for some of the world’s most exciting brands, we are actively searching for individuals who are ready to change the way the world operates.
And if that’s not enough, Productive Edge has been featured as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, included in Crain’s Fast 50, and is a regular on Inc. 5000.