Senior Android Engineer
Yello’s talent acquisition software enables companies to humanize the candidate experience by providing unprecedented speed and transparency throughout the candidate journey. Founded in 2008, Yello supports hundreds of organizations globally by serving as a key strategic partner in optimizing recruiting operations and talent relationship management.
In 2017, Yello closed a series C funding round of $31 million and continues to grow quickly. We’re looking to hire people who believe nothing is impossible, love to learn and be curious, can be accountable for success, always enjoy the journey and will own their personality. If this is you, come grow your career with Yello.
About The Role
Yello is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented individual with a strong background in mobile software development to join our team as a Senior Android Engineer. This individual will be an integral part of our Android development team and will be a large part of building out the next generation of our mobile applications. They will use modern tools and design patterns to craft new features in our apps, utilize CI to automate our development process, and discuss architecture decisions and best practices with the team.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Design, develop, and maintain high-quality features across our suite of native Android mobile applications
- Collaborate with other mobile engineers on innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Work with our Product team to help guide the overall direction and technical details of upcoming features
- Ensure the quality of new features by contributing to our automated unit and UI test suites
- Participate in code reviews to promote constructive feedback on code changes that are in development
- Diagnose the root cause of bugs as they are reported and quickly identify appropriate fixes and workarounds
- Engage in knowledge sharing and professional development with engineers both within and outside of Mobile Group
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Should have at least 3 years of experience working with developing Android applications in a professional environment
- Excellent object-oriented coding skills and an understanding of common object-oriented design patterns
- Strong understanding of Java language features
- Familiarity with using advanced features in Android Studio and the Android emulators
- Ability to write SQL queries to handle data persistence on a device
- Experience with git and modern source control best practices
- Familiarity with REST API technologies and HTTP
- Experience with adding and updating unit tests as part of the development process
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of typical software development processes
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and leverage advanced development tools
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time