Senior Applications Developer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
Due to the success of our products we are experiencing growth in virtually all areas of our organization. To sustain our growth, we are looking for people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in and stand out!
We support the Solutions Consulting wing of ServiceNow, focused on building next generation solutions and solving world-class problems around ServiceNow’s Solution Consulting space.
We value bottom-up, member-driven agile teams; we focus on making software that helps our customers succeed; we encourage risk taking and innovation time to inspire leaps in design and productivity. Above all else, we value productivity, autonomy and fulfillment of our team members so that they can achieve their full potential, and beyond.
Join us and thrive!
In this role you will be immersed in innovation by building, maintaining and supporting custom ServiceNow business solutions that help drive sales and productivity for the Solutions Consulting group.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.).
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of custom business solution to service the Solutions Consulting.
- Work with a strong set of teams to improve developing and deploying applications and customizations.
- Collaborate day-to-day with an energetic team of like-minded developers, product managers and quality engineers using agile software development methodology.
- Deploy applications via automation with configuration management tools.
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team.
- Collaborate with product managers/owners and user experience designers to deliver delightful experiences.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years experience working within the ServiceNow Platform.
- Comfortable in working in a high paced work environment and can adapt to rapidly changing business drivers.
- Very strong technical skills with a proven record of strong architecture & design
- Passion for software development and problem solving.
- Experienced Full Stack developer with a firm understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Self-starter, with quick learning curve.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development lifecycle.
Additional Preferred Skills and/or Experience desired:
- ITIL experience or certification.
- ServiceNow System Admin certification or ServiceNow Application Developer certification a plus.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.