Senior ASP.Net Software Developer at Nexgen Packaging
Join Our Team!
This is an exciting opportunity to join Nexgen Packaging as a Senior ASP.Net Software Developer! You will work closely with our software team and be involved with key strategic initiatives and decision making as a lead developer. We strive to maintain a collaborative and productive environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded. At Nexgen Packaging, we are building a team of talented, experienced, and creative individuals! We embrace independent thinking and self-starters who are looking to be part of a hard-working team. If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, then let’s meet!
We are changing how companies leverage technology to manufacture and manage supply chain. We have created software platform to optimize, organize, and digitize customers’ portfolios. Considered the industry’s leading technology platform, over 10,000 brands and manufacturers globally use the Nexgen platform. Our customers include both traditional retailers like Converse, J Crew, Chico’s, and Kate Spade and emerging companies like StitchFix, Bonobos, and Fabletics that are changing the retail landscape.
Our Commitment to You:
We will provide a space that:
- Embraces forward thinking,
- Values employees’ contribution,
- Drives personal growth, and
- Recognizes the value of quality of work and quality of life.
We love to see our employees grow, embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, and demonstrate a willingness to contribute to our company’s successes. We are committed to providing rewarding experiences and helping our employees achieve their career and personal goals.
Senior ASP.Net Software Developer
The Senior ASP.Net Software Developer will hold a leadership role and be responsible for the design, development, testing and maintenance of our web applications using C# and ASP.NET. You will work with a team of developers to design new capabilities, enhance existing applications and drive continuous improvements leveraging latest technologies and applying Agile software development methodology.
Candidates should have 8+ years of hands-on experience developing on Microsoft .NET platform and be able to execute on the vision to deliver high quality commercial software applications. Extensive knowledge with object-oriented design, Agile development methodology and .NET development experience with ability to problem solve and debug complex solutions and work independently.
- Overall responsibility for design, development and delivery of creative, functional and high- performance commercial grade software applications leveraging software development best practices and methodologies
- Lead the technical design, application architecture and development of complex, cross-functional, cloud-based applications
- Develop use cases and high-level program specifications, perform code reviews and help maintain code quality
- Understand business requirements and drive the UI design to deliver effective and consistent user experience
- Develop and implement test methodology, version control and release process to ensure application quality and performance prior to deployment in production environment
- Investigate and resolve bugs or deficiencies, monitor and optimize application performance and drive improvements
- Ability to lead, organize and prioritize activities across multiple software development projects to deliver milestones on-time
Ideally, We’d Like You to Have:
- 8+ years of experience designing, developing and deploying high performance web applications on Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Extensive hands-on experience with software development using C#, MVC, .Net Core and SQL Server database
- Strong working experience with object-oriented design, developing in the Microsoft environment using Visual Studio, ASP.Net, C# and SQL Server database
- Good understanding of data modeling concepts, logical and physical data models and proficient with design and development of database objects, stored procedure and triggers
- Hand-on experience across HTML, CSS, XML, MVC, .Net Core, Angular, Web Services, plugins, scripting and web architecture
- Experience using TFS/VSTS for work management
- Strong skills in problem solving and debugging with experience scaling and optimizing applications for performance.
- Excellent combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; self-motivated with the ability to work independently and with team
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Information Systems
- Formal training / certification in object-oriented design, Agile development and programming languages for Microsoft systems preferred
A team of four entrepreneurs and industry veterans founded Nexgen in 2006. They knew they could build a great company that could help retailers with their branding solutions by leveraging state-of-the-art technology, exceptional employees, and an outstanding work environment. We pride ourselves on exceeding customers’ expectations by listening to their needs and executing on our commitments. This approach has led to industry-leading growth for Nexgen and our team. Since our founding we have grown to over 600 employees globally, with shipments of over 3 billion products a year!