Senior Backend Developer - Social Media Meets Sports Gambling
We are hiring a Senior Backend Developer in our Chicago HQ to double down on our election of the next generation of Wanna - with the aim to provide our customers with a world class mobile and online betting experience powered by architecture at a global scale.
Our tech stack includes AWS and Python on the backend, Java and Kotlin for Android, and Swift for iOS. While you should be on your way to “rockstar” status on day one, we have a culture of learning, so expect to be challenged and pushed beyond your comfort zone. Along those lines, we’re a heavily transparent and open culture, so a willingness to challenge the status-quo, speak up and help your teammates is a must.
- Architect, design and develop new features and APIs using Python.
- Maintain and refactor existing features and APIs.
- Work closely with the front end team to conduct end-to-end testing, and to ensure features are developed and released in a timely manner.
- Help shape the future our our tech by introducing the team to new technologies.
- Mentor junior back-end developers.
- Minimum 5 years of backend development experience.
- Experience writing Unit tested backend applications and RESTful APIs.
- Proficient use of the Python development language.
- Proficient and proper use of Git, including creating and reviewing pull requests.
- Experience working with AWS (ec2, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, etc…).
- Experience building systems that efficiently scales as user-base grows.
- Experience leading architectural design discussions and implementation.
- Experience using relational databases and writing efficient SQL queries.