SENIOR CLOUD ENGINEER at Ulta Beauty
THE ULTA BEAUTY STORY:
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Sr. engineer, Cloud is responsible for implementing technology implementation framework and providing technical skills in support of ULTA’s initiatives in cloud computing, with a focus on the incident resolution and change management.
Sr. Engineer will work closely with product owners, architects, software developers and system/database engineers to understand requirements and implement cloud build and provisioning tasks.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related subject; an advanced degree is preferred. In addition, 3 or more years’ experience in designing large and complex IT operations in large organizations is required, retail industry experience is a plus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Proven expertise in automation tools and processes.
- Proven expertise in DevOps tool chains and processes
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks
- Provide support and technical expertise related to cloud deployment, and operations
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the organization is going and how cloud technology can support these efforts
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure all cloud tasks/initiatives are completed on time
- Contribute to the development of cloud reference architecture and management systems
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 3 + years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, Automation, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Production support 24x7
- Troubleshooting and Performance tuning
- Familiarity / experience with cloud DevOps tools, BQ, machine learning desired but not necessary.
- Fast-paced, dynamic environment with new tasks changing daily/weekly
- Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as needed
- Working onsite at corporate headquarters; no remote development during core business hours
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)