Senior Cloud Operations Engineer at Cooler Screens
Cooler Screens is backed and led by some of the most prominent Chicago & Silicon Valley leaders, advisers, and investors and has developed a digital solution to transform a multi-billion dollar industry and positively affect the buying experiences of consumers in the US and beyond. If you’re looking to get on the ground floor of the next digital revolution and Chicago tech success story – this opportunity may be for you.
As the Senior Cloud Operations Engineer, you will support the infrastructure automation, security, and production operations of a fast-growing, distributed cloud and on-premise media platform. You will work closely with our software engineering teams to facilitate CI/CD and work closely with our partners to manage our operational infrastructure and tools.
Who You Are:
- You’re a self-starter looking for a challenging opportunity as one of the first employees in a new start-up that is transforming the retail industry through re-imagining the in-store cooler surfaces.
- You’re excited about designing an infrastructure that scales to meet the needs of the robust Internet of Things (IoT) platform.
- You’re an excellent problem solver and collaborate well with your peers to proactively identify risks and resolve technical issues.
- You know how to work closely with the software engineering team to automate software builds and deployments while supporting a robust change management process.
- You understand how to secure and harden both an on-premise and cloud-based operational environment and have experience with effective tools to monitor the environment.
- You’re comfortable supporting the on-call duty rotation.
- 5+ years of experience in Infrastructure Systems design and engineering (Linux OR Windows)
- 4+ years of experience automating infrastructure builds and architecting solutions to achieve HA/DR
- 2+ years of experience managing public cloud IaaS environments (Azure preferred)
- Proven DevOps experience in a variety of tools/languages (e.g. Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience scripting in Python, PowerShell, or other languages
- Experience in managing a large Microsoft Windows environment including a Windows 10 deployment and Office 365 administration
- Understanding of network design and security including solutions to enable load-balancing, IDS/IPS, DDOS mitigation, and network administration
About Cooler Screens
We are transforming retail cooler surfaces into IoT-enabled screens. Our media platform reimagines the brick-and-mortar shopping experience for consumers in the cooler and freezer aisle while delivering new marketing opportunities and smart merchandising for brands and retailers.
We have an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team at our headquarters in the heart of Chicago.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.