NowPow is a personalized community referral solution. We use technology to power entire communities by connecting people to the vital resources they need to stay well, meet basic needs, manage with illness and care for others. In four years, we have grown our U.S. reach to 14 states plus Washington D.C., with customers ranging from big health systems and health plans to small community health centers and community-based organizations.
We build networks that address a full spectrum of needs across communities, such as food insecurity, loneliness, dealing with a new cancer diagnosis, and trouble paying bills.
NowPow is a women-owned technology company located in our first NowPow community, Chicago’s South Side.
As a Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer at NowPow, you will be responsible for NowPow’s Azure environment and costs, NowPow’s HIPAA compliant security program, and managing our build, automation, and test pipelines.
You will build tools to optimize and manage our Azure cloud environment. You will own NowPow’s security program and document, certify, and explain the program to our customers while managing its activities (including automated scanning, penetration tests, and certification processes). You will own and manage our platform automation, including deployment/CI pipelines and build/test automation processes.
As a growing startup, you will need to own all things Azure for our teams and help us to identify missing skills and new processes as our systems grow. You will be responsible for our platform’s security, monitoring, and costs.
An ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience using Microsoft Azure as a hosting platform and expertise in using cloud infrastructure frameworks is required.
Monitor and manage the NowPow Platform’s Hosting Environment
- Monitor activity within the NowPow’s Azure cloud environment
- Optimize and monitor our costs and plan and implement cost saving initiatives with engineering leadership
- Manage NowPow’s system monitoring solutions and help us go from 99% uptime to five-nines (99.999% uptime)
- Monitor and automate platform scaling to improve performance and optimize costs
- Inventory and manage all cloud resources and archive and delete as needed
- Evaluate advancements in cloud technologies and share with our teams
Manage the NowPow Platform Security Program
- Lead the NowPow security program across different NowPow departments
- Manage a Security Engineer implementing different security initiatives
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings with engineering, operations, and executive leadership to coordinate HIPAA security/privacy monitoring and ongoing engineering team security activities
- Partner with our Sales team on customer security review processes and RFP/RFI questions around security
- Own and document overall platform security and review with customer IT teams as needed
- Evaluate security compliance programs (such as HITRUST, SOC2, etc…) and work across departments with a Security Engineer to implement and manage
Support our Engineering, QA, Analytics, and Product Support teams
- Partner with the Architecture and R+D team to test new Azure features and build new solutions as needed
- Automate more of the customer provisioning process with our Product Support team
- Work with our QA team to update our automated testing pipelines and strategy
- Coordinate with engineering to improve our CI build and test pipelines
- BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent.
- Extensive cloud infrastructure framework experience required with 4+ years of DevOps experience with the Azure cloud infrastructure
- CI/CD experience with TeamCity, Jenkins, TFS, or other CI frameworks
- Experience with deployment automation tools (like Octopus or Azure DevOps) is preferred
- Scripting and environment automation experience required
- Experience working with security compliance frameworks such as HITRUST, SOC2, ISO 27001, FedRAMP and PCI is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable adopting to new technologies quickly
- Previous management experience is a plus
We have strong values, high energy and are committed to driving real social impact.
We power whole person care across whole communities, including our own… We offer competitive benefits, generous time off, remote work and casual dress, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and a committed and connected work environment.