Senior Database Engineer at Sertifi
Sertifi offers an Agreement Platform built for businesses who need a more efficient and secure way to manage the full contract process. We simplify how businesses send and collect agreements and payments by bringing it all into one secure platform. Sertifi automates business processes, saves you time from performing repetitive tasks, enhances security and PCI-compliance, and provides customers an easy and convenient way to do business with your company. Thousands of businesses around the world use Sertifi to streamline their contracts and payment processes, recognize revenue faster, and increase job efficiency.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Database Engineer to join our growing team with a passion for improving the experience of our Sertifi Agreement Platform (large-scale SaaS web application).
This is an impactful role, where you'll be tasked with designing, building, and maintaining Sertifi's database infrastructure. We're looking for someone who is excited about taking ownership of improving the existing database infrastructure and designing the future of databases at Sertifi.
Due to the circumstances of COVID-19, Sertifi has shifted to working remotely at this time. We will interview, onboard, and operate as a remote team until further notice. As it is deemed safe to return to the office, we will consider a hybrid approach to WFH and In-Office work.
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Ensure the performance, integrity, and availability of database instances through forward-looking design and proactive monitoring and maintenance
- Provide support for database and application incidents, working closely with application developers, DevOps, and infrastructure engineers
- Advise on event-driven architectural strategies and software patterns to facilitate our transition away from a monolithic code base
- Implement and enforce database security based upon best practice, industry regulations, and company policies
- Plan and manage backup/recovery for database instances and provide Disaster Recovery (DR) support across multiple regions
- Maintain existing database instances in production and pre-production environments, including replication, clustering, and high availability mechanisms
- Define standards and frameworks for data architecture design
- Provide coding and database architecture assistance to the Application Developers
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- A Bachelor's Degree from a four year accredited College/University preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering or traditional DBA role in the Saas Industry
- 7+ years of experience, in lieu of education
- 1+ year of Azure experience. Azure Certification is a huge plus.
- Extensive experience managing multiple database platforms including MS SQL and Azure SQL
- Experience with assisting developers in reviewing code changes and database architecture
- Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
- Self-sufficient nature with the ability to prioritize your work
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to clearly explain and present problems and issues to others and contribute to their resolution.
- Excellent verbal, written, and collaborative skills to facilitate cross-functional teams.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools is a plus
What’s in it for you:
You will work in a brand-new collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. You can expect to have dedicated head down coding time along with time set aside each month to work on your own Innovation projects. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program, casual work environment, weekly team lunches, company outings, and a convenient River North location close to public transit.
Sertifi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sertifi is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. All individuals seeking employment at Sertifi are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.