Senior Devops Engineer - AWS at Ensono
This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly team working on some of the hottest AWS technologies. This team is primarily focused on the deployment, automation and support of mission-critical client solutions in AWS. You will be working on a variety of projects and environments for household names using the latest technology including AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Powershell, Datadog, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Containers etc. Learning, collaborating, training and certification are strongly encouraged, and opportunities to do so will be provided. The successful candidate will be someone who can demonstrate a genuine desire and passion for AWS, client service and automation.
- Act as the lead engineer on large or complex client deploy projects
- Act as the lead engineer on product engineering projects to further develop our service
- Provide AWS subject matter expertise advice and assistance to pre-sales architects
- Installation, configuration, and ongoing management of O/S and AWS services.
- Implementing and maintaining custom client machine images and centralised configuration management to enable quick repeatable builds and auto-scaling.
- Maintaining high availability through proactive measures.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues.
- Ensuring clients & partners are updated on current status of work and issues.
- Raise, investigate and resolve problems and known errors in line with the problem management process.
- Ability and willingness to proactively improve ways of working, automation and processes via our continual improvement Kanban board.
- Partake in an oncall rota to provide 24x7 4th line support for Ensono’s AWS clients.
- Proactively keep up to date on AWS services and developments.
- Buddy new members of the team and train other teams
- Act as team leader and technical escalation point in Manager’s absence
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years’ experience in supporting highly customer-focused mission critical environments (e.g. high profile websites or enterprise infrastructure) essential.
- 3+ years’ experience of engineering, architecting, or supporting AWS solutions.
- Excellent O/S knowledge and experience in Linux or Windows with basic knowledge of the other. MCSE/RHCE or equivalent level of knowledge preferred.
- Experience of implementing and supporting AWS based instances and services (e.g. EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, IAM, Route53, Cloudfront, Elasticache, WAF etc.).
- Hold a number of current AWS Associate and Professional level Certifications
- Hold at least one AWS Certified Speciality certification (e.g. Security or Networking )
- Experience of building and maintaining scalable and auto-scaled environments using automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Cloudformation/Terraform and Ansible) beneficial or can be gained.
- Scripting ability in one or more of Python, Powershell, Bash, Perl
- Experience of using Git for version control useful
- Experience of working with or supporting containerized environments (ECS/EKS/Kubernetes/Docker)
- Experience of Jenkins or other CI/CD pipeline technology useful or can be gained.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP.
- A degree in a computing-related discipline preferred or equivalent ability and knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment beneficial.
- Desire to continually grow, develop and improve.
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter and possess a good working attitude
- Client focused and results driven
- Able to implement supportable solutions and make the complex simple.
- Able to perform as a role model within the team.