Senior DevOps Engineer, Employee Cloud at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
As a member of the DevOps team, you will be responsible for the smooth functioning of our staging and production environments, including all of our applications, infrastructural components such as databases, cache servers, queueing services, and network security. You will serve both Toast's customers and Toast's software engineering requirements.
Some projects we’ve been working on recently include:
- Building continuous delivery pipelines for containerized applications running in ECS
- Scaling our web application infrastructure, and introducing automated application and infrastructure deployments
- Improved our observability capabilities across applications and databases
About this roll*:
- Build new automation to expand and maintain our AWS hosting infrastructure
- Create developer tools in support of a rapidly growing company
- Use your familiarity with DevOps methodologies and practices to foster a culture of quality while facilitating developer velocity
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Experience maintaining large-scale infrastructure, supporting production workloads, and configuration management (especially Ansible and Terraform)
- Strong understanding of Windows environments, with an emphasis on application workloads in IIS and Windows Services
- Solid experience working with relational databases (MySQL and Aurora MySQL a plus)
- Substantial experience with version control software
- At least 3 years of experience with modern CI/CD tools
- Prior experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker highly preferred)
- Exceptional experience with automated configuration and deployment
- Familiarity with Cloud deployment workflows and cloud IaaS providers (preferably AWS)
- An get-things-done attitude and track record of success
*Bread puns encouraged but not required