Senior DevOps Engineer at XSELL Technologies
Ready to write the best chapter of your career? XSELL Technologies leverages artificial intelligence as a foundational capability to listen, learn and support agents in real time with the exact information they need to exceed customers’ expectations and deliver top performer experiences.
Join us on our mission to empower agents, clients and organizations to increase human performance and job satisfaction through making conversations more personal. We do this by pairing together the best elements of human touch and machine intelligence to drive results.
XSELL is currently seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to help build out an in-house DevOps team to assist our growing engineering team move faster and more confidently. You will report to the Head of DevOps and help establish a culture of effective DevOps. XSELL currently has a SaaS based application, with services built in Ruby on Rails, Python as well as Postgres and Redis on the backend. Our applications are deployed into cloud environments on AWS and Azure.
What You Will Bring
It isn’t a problem if you haven’t encountered all of these in your career, but the problems you’ll tackle will benefit from the following skills:
- 6+ years experience in DevOps/Engineering
- Proficient with one more non-shell scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Go)
- Linux/Unix CLI experience, as well as a firm grasp of networking fundamentals
- Experience with automating infrastructure in one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Packer)
- Experience with container orchestration systems (Kubernetes) or containerized deployments
- Familiarity with management and maintenance of database/persistence technologies (Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge of security best practices and security standards (SOC2, ISO, PCI Compliance, etc.)
Ways You Will Contribute
- Design and maintain solutions to enhance reliability, resiliency, debuggability, and developer productivity
- Implement the next generation of logging, monitoring, alerting, and event-tracing to resolve live site issues
- Automate the provisioning and teardown of development, testing, staging and production environments
- Work with technical leads and department heads to meet the requirements of product deployments and client demands
- Support the development team to resolve issues involving infrastructure the live site
- Work with managed service providers and vendors when needed
- Participate in on-call rotation and be proactive about addressing the root cause of issues
XSELL is committed to a culture of teamwork; where everyone works together to plan, do, learn, and continuously improve. We accomplish that by staying true to our core value.
- Best Chapter Yet: Every XSELLer is plugged in and focused on writing their “best chapter yet”, both personally and professionally. We believe in working hard to achieve success, but that success only comes if we are doing it together. We do this with a high level of humility, integrity and compassion towards out coworkers. We celebrate and recognize each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
- Know Us By Our Results: We do what we say and say what we do. Our coworkers and clients will “know us by our results” – we welcome that and embrace transparency and measurement.
- Do It The XSELL Way: Together we are building an inclusive culture full of top performing, talented people that are striving towards common goals with resilience. People will admire not only the work we do but also that we “do it the XSELL way” – as one team. We do this through strong communication, collaboration and accountability to each other.
- Open for Business: We are always “open for business” – fiercely committed to improving ourselves, our team and our company. We stay curious and approach every situation as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Conversations Happen In the Room: Feedback is imperative to our collective success. We approach the “conversation in the room” with respect, empathy and candor. Our dialogue with each other is always open and honest.
XSELL Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.