Senior DevOps Engineer
About the Company
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies, and the country’s largest nonprofits, to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About the Role
Do you have a passion for automation, building high performance technology, and sweating the details? Civis Analytics is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team!
At Civis Analytics, we're building a data science platform, making cutting-edge machine learning and predictive modeling techniques available to a broad audience. The DevOps team delivers, maintains, and evolves the infrastructure that makes all of this possible. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be a key player, helping us create scalable infrastructure-as-code using cutting edge tools. You should have networking and security experience, be familiar with cloud infrastructure, and DevOps best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related subject, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer/engineer
- Experience working with either AWS or GCP services such as compute, databases, VPCs, networking, permissioning and storage
- Experience with automation tools and configuration-as-code (CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, etc.)
- Comfortable with Python and Bash
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery services
- Experience with containerized code deployment
- Experience with networking concepts and protocols
- Interest and ability to master new technologies
- Experience managing large cloud infrastructures
- Experience scaling and ensuring reliability of large SaaS or PaaS applications
- Experience with orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes or Mesos
- Experience with security, systems, or application monitoring and metrics