Senior DevOps Engineer
Who We Are:
Founded by a seasoned group of serial software entrepreneurs who have years of experience in policing and city governance, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS solutions provider housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s north side. In collaboration with our research partners, led by the University of Chicago, we have built a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement workforce management and early intervention. We are a double-bottom line company – our management team is comprised of former police personnel, former city officials, and current change makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government.
We are currently seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to join us as we develop our SaaS and on-premise infrastructure strategy to scale our quickly growing user base. As a DeOps Engineer, you’ll build the systems that power our products; a such, we’re looking for candidates with strong backgrounds in systems.
- This individual will work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Plan for the growth of Benchmark Analytics’ infrastructure
- Design, build and maintain the core infrastructure used by Benchmark Analytics’ engineering team
- Design, implement and maintain CI/CD tools and frameworks for highly available deployments
- Design scalable and generic infrastructure for both cloud and data center environments
- Integrate with the engineering and QA teams to provide Infrastructure as a Service
- Provide services to core observability functionality and develop frameworks for engineers to interact with these services
The ideal candidate will be someone who has:
- The ability to think about systems design: their edge cases, failure modes and lifecycle
- Knowledge to understand your way around cloud services platforms
- Pride in holding yourself and others to high standards when working in production
- Experience troubleshooting problems throughout the stack
- A focus on the needs of our users, both internal and external
- Experience writing high-quality code in a programming language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Enjoys working in a Unix shell
- Empathy with their users and colleagues and intent on creating great experiences
Projects You Could Work On:
- Implementing a testing framework for all Infrastructure as Code
- Investigating and implementing CI/CD tools for infrastructure and highly available deployments
- Building ephemeral environments for our engineering and QA teams
- Using terraform to manage Infrastructure as Code
- Investigating Kubernetes for our containerized services
- Leading our DevOps strategy for the future
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits package.
Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications for those candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
If you’d like to apply, please email your resume to [email protected]