Senior DevOps Engineer at Yello (Chicago, IL)
About The Role
You’ll be a key member of the Yello Infrastructure Group. As a DevOps engineer, you’ll be responsible for the mission-critical services that keep the Yello Enterprise platform running. You must enjoy working with people and possess the ability to communicate technical information to users with varying levels of technical experience. Technical and performance troubleshooting skills are a must. You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team that values hard work, experimentation, and a “nothing is impossible” mindset.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Build out, maintain and run a world-class, fully automated cloud infrastructure on AWS and other IaaS providers
- Be responsible for the deployment, scaling, and performance of our applications through their entire lifecycle from development to production
- Drive a culture of “infrastructure-as-code” instead of “traditional IT practices”
- Work closely with engineering managers and our support team to improve service availability and performance
- Help manage SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, and Redis
- Collaborate with development teams to troubleshoot production issues
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of professional Linux systems administration or DevOps experience
- Experience building and running a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
- Experience managing AWS, Rackspace, Azure or other IaaS installations
- Experience with Docker and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos or Swarm
- Experience provisioning and maintaining clusters of servers that will support large volumes of data
- Expertise specifying, designing, and implementing; traffic routing, health, and performance monitoring
- Experience with application delivery platforms for load balancing, caching, compression, application firewalling, reverse proxy, SSL termination, etc.
- Intimate knowledge of the Linux command line including shell scripting
- Strong scripting skills with Ruby, Python, or Go
- Experience with systems configuration management and CI automation
- Strong standardization, policy and process drive
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time