Senior DevOps Engineer at KAR Global
Drivin is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer for our Chicago office. The primary responsibility of the DevOps Engineer is to implement, maintain, and continuously improve the systems and process necessary to allow us to develop and deploy software faster and improve the performance and resiliency of our systems.
The Drivin tech stack consists of AWS services (ECS, s3, EMR, Redshift, Postgres RDS, SNS, SQS), Jenkins build pipelines, Terraform, Python, Bash, GO, Vault, Packer, git/github and Docker.
- Implement and maintain tools to further automate build, release packaging, deployment and configuration management processes.
- Work with agile teams to develop continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Setup and maintain development, test, and production environments
- Coach fellow team members and develop tools for team use
- Provide input to development teams from a devops perspective
- Advocate for good practices across the origination
- Implement and maintain system health and performance monitors and alerts
- Collaborate with development teams to resolve system health and performance issues and risks
- Develop scripts to automate application deployments and infrastructure.
- Recommend and implement security controls
- Weekly on-call rotation
- 5+ years of professional experience as a devops engineer, system administrator, and/or software developer
- Experience setting up an automated build and delivery pipeline preferably with Jenkins and AWS services
- Experience automating processes using Terraform/Packer.
- Experience with Bash/Python/GO or other programming language
- Experience with building docker images and creating Jenkinsfiles
- Good communication skills
- 3+ years experience using git, cli proficiency preferred
- 3+ years experience with AWS
- Prefer bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in Computer Science, Technology or related field
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
- Ownership mentality with capability to drive forward solutions on own initiative
- Passion for keeping up to speed with the latest software tools and methodologies
- Ability to evaluate and adopt new technologies
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage expectations
- Ability to challenge status-quo and drive change
- Flexible & easily adaptable to change
- Familiarity with software development processes, standards, and best practices to ensure quality outcomes
- Experience working within short development cycles using agile (Scrum) methods
- Experience with AWS services
- Ability to collaborate across IT disciplines