Senior DevOps Engineer at CCC Information Services
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for designing, provisioning, monitoring and maintaining the private cloud on-premise datacenter and public cloud automation framework. Successful candidate requires experience in systems engineering and cloud automation, be a critical thinker, a scripter with strong coding skills that will be used to automate repeatable tasks. Additionally, the candidate must be highly organized with strong communication skills and a mindset for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the design, creation, configuration and delivery of cloud infrastructure environments using automation best practices and a proactive strategy.
- Responsible for automating the infrastructure build in private cloud and public cloud environments.
- Responsible for providing technology assessments in support of automation and migration to cloud.
- Responsible for automation of operational processes.
- Responsible for developing and driving improvements, maintaining/monitoring production and non-production systems, ensuring platforms perform at maximum efficiency and security.
- Automate business continuity/disaster recovery
- Share on-call rotation with the team
- 5-7+ years of Senior SRE/DevOps production operation in a diversified Linux and/or Windows environments (CCC operates both Linux and Windows environments)
- 3+ years of experience with major virtualization environments such as VMware.
- Knowledge and exposure of Container technology and orchestration is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems (RHEL/CentOS/Debian) and its fundamentals. Windows knowledge a plus.
- Strong knowledge and experience with RESTFUL/SOA environments running tomcat, apache, NGINX, nodejs, asp, Python.
- Experience with Configuration Management / Orchestration tools such as Ansible, Salt, or Chef
Experience implementing and/or using Git/Stash, Jenkins, ARM, JIRA, and code quality & security scanning tools
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Slack, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
- Experience with transactional databases (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL) configured for high availability and redundancy.
- Strong crisis management and leadership ability.
- Strong and effective written/verbal communication skills, whether talking to individual contributors or to executive management.
- Experience in creating tools for infrastructure (IaaS and PaaS) management and automation a plus.
- Familiarity with following monitoring tools - App Dynamics, CloudWatch, SolarWinds a plus.