Senior Engineer - Inventory Deployment at Nordstrom
Engineer Sr- Inventory Deployment
A Senior Engineer is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. The scope, responsibility and accountability is at the solution level.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be collaborating with engineers to build and support inventory deployment tools to support the inventory to be available on time, at the right place for the customers. With the changing retail space, you will be working on enabling new features and delivering new tools. You will be building new features in a cloud-based architecture using oops/db concepts in an agile, collaborative environment. You will be directly working with business partners to innovate and design for changing retail environment. You will need a strong passion to innovate and collaborate across teams to deliver a multi-channel solution for our business partners.
A day in the life…
- Responsible for feature design; evaluate designs and provide feedback
- Influence quality standards and understand, identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify performance issues and optimize solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and secure system fundamentals
- Understand security protocols, interpret security and compliance requirements
You own this if you have…
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS, Engineering
- 4+ years professional experience in practice area
- Proficient in analyzing, designing and developing reliable and scalable solutions.
- Proficient in more than 1 Object Oriented language such as Java, C#, C++ etc.
- Proven track record in Java and Java Spring boot framework.
- Experience with SQL database will be a plus.
- Experience with RESTful architecture and micro-services.
- Experience with cloud-based services (AWS/GCP)
- Experience with containerization (K8/Docker) and will be a plus if familiar with real-time data streaming (Kafka/Flink/SQS).
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Should be able to articulate and architecture a well-designed system.
- Provide guidance and oversight for implementation and delivery of a feature.
- Collaborate with other engineers and leads on feature design and delivery to business users.
- Provide mentoring to other developers and engineers on best engineering practices
Champions and identifies design improvements; makes recommendations to close gaps and build alignment
*** This position requires you to be in a hub location. If you are already located in one of our hubs (Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, or Los Angeles), you can work from that location. However, if you are located elsewhere, you must be open to relocating to Seattle or one of our hubs once employees return to the office.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Hourly and salary pay ranges specific to Colorado are listed below, which is provided in compliance with Colorado law. Nordstrom continues to remain competitive with pay and benefits in all markets.
Minimum - $12.55/hr
Maximum - $46.10/hr
Salary (Non-Exempt and Exempt)
Minimum - $30,200/annual
Maximum - $289,200/annual