Senior Engineering Manager at Braintree
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Check us out: GitHub | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | The Muse | Glassdoor
Braintree's Payments product organization provides best-in-class processing and funding experiences for our merchants. These teams design, build, and perfect integrations to process transactions, move money, protect their transactions from fraudulent activity, and also collaborate closely with our operational teams on tooling and automation to scale our white glove service.
As a senior Engineering Lead in the Payments organization, you will drive execution and delivery across the product teams that process, protect and fund our merchants’ transactions. You will help us hire diverse and talented people, support the self-development and career growth of team members, and foster an inclusive and collaborative environment in which people do their best work.
You will need proficiency and deftness in tackling technical, organizational, and human challenges to grow strong teams that deliver complex payment products.
Had you been with us in the last month, you would have:
- Articulated a vision and strategy for your organization.
- Pulled together an initiative team chartered with an ambitious project that touches multiple existing services.
- Regularly checked in with your tech leads, team managers, and the individual contributors across your organization.
- Closely collaborated with product managers to create and update roadmaps.
- Read and commented on pull requests or technical proposals.
- Worked with a small team of motivated engineers to revise hiring practices.
- Whiteboarded a new service with a team technical lead.
- Graciously received constructive feedback from a colleague about an improvement opportunity for you and/or your teams.
- Responded to changing requirements by adjusting the expectations and plans for one of your teams.
- Researched a new solution to assess feasibility for one of your teams.
- Attended an Open Dev demo session to learn from colleagues across engineering teams.
- Coached tech leads, managers, engineers, and other team members through challenges and towards new opportunities for career growth.
- Led hiring for one or more of your teams, ensuring quality and diversity in the process.
What we look for in you:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Deep curiosity about people and systems.
- Empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Significant experience writing and deploying high quality production software.
- Experience leading a team of managers and technical leads.
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback that leads to meaningful changes and growth.
- Analytical skills for creating and interpreting metrics.
- Track record of delivering technical products.
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!