Senior Front End Engineer at Virgil Holdings Inc.
The Sr. Front End Engineer will work with our development team to create web pages optimized for mobile and desktop devices; design a polished, consistent, and flexible interface for the management portion of the application focused on user experience; work with all groups to create iterative prototypes of UI's for new areas of the platform; evaluate, find, and recommend front end tools, frameworks, and design patterns to enforce consistent interactions; and help design and maintain our UI component library.
As a Sr. Front End Engineer you will be leading by example. You’ll be expected to follow and maintain the technical standards, make sound decisions about the proper ways to implement code, direct the team through complex technical challenges, and mentor other developers on best practices.
This role is for an individual who is a creative problem solver. Your input into the product and user experience will be critical to our success.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in computer science (or equivalent)
- 3+ years experience with MVC frameworks (AngularJS, React, Vue.js)
- Experience testing front-end code using tools like Selenium, JUnit, Jasmine and HtmlUnit
- Experience utilizing data visualization tools and frameworks for creating interactive dashboards (Dj3.js, Chart.Js, Hicharts)
- Experience working with CSS3 and HTML5
- Experience designing "responsive websites" using frameworks such as Material-UI, Bootstrap, Foundation, or Skeleton
- Experience working with preprocessing tools like LESS, Sass, and Stylus
- Experience designing websites that use ‘progressive enhancement’
- Experience working with performance optimization tools (e.g. Google PageSpeed, Page Scoring, GTMetrix and Pingdom)
- Experience working in collaborative product development teams including product, engineering, design and UX.
- Demonstrated experience understanding business requirements and transforming them into technical artifacts to fulfill the product vision
- Experience working in python or similar OOP languages (ruby, java, c#)
- Experience creating Restful APIs
- Experience working in a microservice based environment
- Experience working with NoSQL and/or relational databases
- Experience working with container based architectures (e.g. Linux Containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Experience working with AWS (Fargate, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, VPC Configuration, API Gateway, Lambda, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail)
- Experience working with serverless architectures (e.g. Fargate or Lambda)
Compensation is competitive based on experience
Full benefits package
VIRGIL INC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – EOE