Senior Front End Engineer at KAR Global
Job Description Summary:
Are you looking to join a positive, diverse team to build beautiful, dynamic applications that tackle complex problems for real people? DRIVIN is looking to expand our development team as we continue to innovate in the used car industry.
As a web engineer, you’ve had experiences delivering real-time, data-driven web applications and supporting them in production. You can explain your debugging process and how you tackle technical debt. You are comfortable learning and evaluating new languages and libraries.
You are able to demonstrate discipline in promoting and adhering to style guides and developing best practices. You are deeply committed to refactoring and testing your code while keeping other developers in mind. You enjoy conducting peer reviews in the spirit of constructive collaboration. You also have hobbies and interests outside of work!
Your main responsibilities will be the implementation and maintenance of data-rich UI applications across desktop and mobile devices. You will communicate often with platform developers, data engineers, QA, and product owners to set and meet expectations.
Our team is collaborative, creative, and open-minded. Our tech stack is modern, using Amazon AWS to host our environments. Some languages we use include React + Redux, Webpack, and D3. We are proud of our data visualizations and advanced search and filters, which continue to impress our clients and other development teams.
We value an inclusive team environment which supports us in our differences. Our hiring process celebrates candidates from diverse backgrounds. We believe that demonstrated excellence is a transferable skill. Tell us what you've achieved!
- Build, maintain, and update user-facing features for a long-term project
- Apply technical knowledge to advance and scope UI/UX solutions
- Consistently plan, execute, learn, and iterate through your work delivery
- You care deeply about testing your code and building a culture of quality
- Integrate with shared API services in a micro-service architecture
- Optimize processes and applications for efficiency and scalability
- Lead their respective team and frontend org. to achieve quarterly and yearly goals
- Mentor their peers and grow internal talent through professional and technical leadership
- Support the hiring process and growth of the team
- 4-6+ years industry experience in frontend development building web applications
- You can design applications from the ground up with limited information available
- You drive consistent execution and delivery for yourself and the rest of your team
- You write modular, composable code for flexibility, sharing, and re-use
- You're familiar and use object-oriented and functional programming concepts
- You've supported short and long terms applications from development to living in production
- You can dynamically update a UI with asynchronous calls and data
- You follow programming principles like KISS and SOLID
- You write thorough unit, integration, and E2E test suites no matter what
- BS/MS degree in a technical field or related
- Experience with ES6+, React, Redux, Webpack, and Node
- Experience with Git and Git Flow
- Experience with charting libraries like D3 for building dynamic data visualizations
- Experience connecting to RESTful Web Services for data access
- Experience developing within AWS infrastructure, Jenkins, and CI/CD