Senior Front-End Engineer at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 150,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Our restaurant partners are the stars of the Grubhub platform – without them, we wouldn't have all the delicious food for our diners! On the restaurant team, we work with large national chains to hole-in-the-walls, and our aim is to help each of them grow their businesses by reaching more diners through our platform.
Our restaurants have a lot going on. They're doing everything from making food to marketing themselves and keeping the books. Our restaurant application is used by tens of thousands of restaurants all over the country to do those things and more. It's our business to understand their business, and we strive to fit into their workflows and provide an easy-to-use portal to interface with Grubhub.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
As a Sr. Front-End engineer on the restaurant team, you will be working with product managers, designers, and other engineers to figure out what needs to be done to build a feature, plan it out, and then execute – sometimes individually, sometimes leading a small group of other front-end engineers. This role will be a lot of heads-down development, but it also requires good communication with others, wise translation of product requirements into features, and sometimes directing the work of others.
You Should Have
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications
- Demonstrated ability to use a modern web framework or library such as React, Angular, or Vue (experience using React + Redux is a plus)
- The pattern of designing scalable and reusable components and features
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment
- Track record of advocating for the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies
- Experience being self-directed and responsible for deliverables
- Familiar with Agile methodology
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.