We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, our families, and our friends, and know it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy, we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe health benefits should be simple, accessible, and technology-driven. Moreover, we believe healthcare should be grounded by the people that it serves. Our mission is to make understanding, navigating, and paying for care effortless.
We deliver a connected healthcare experience for over 200,000 members and 45+ companies across the nation who want the best for their employees. If you want to make a difference in the healthcare of those around you, join us.
About the work
As an example of what you’ll be doing, here are some activities typical to our Senior Product Engineers:
- Build beautiful products that match our design mocks with pixel perfection for both our internal and external customers
- Trace bugs across the surface as well as deep into our stack to provide the right people with the information needed to resolve them
- Participate in architecture discussions and make recommendations based on your knowledge of the product, industry, company, and our staff
- Learn new technologies or practices and regularly share them with your mentees and other coworkers
- Be an internal evangelist for the adoption of new technologies and act as a guide during migrations
- Mentor junior engineers through pair programming, code reviews, architectural discussions, troubleshooting, design documents, and other tools of the trade
- Collaborate with a diverse group of engineers to find solutions to complex technical problems when not everyone agrees on the path forward
- Work with designers and product managers to ensure feasibility of deadlines with compromise, thorough planning, and creative use of existing resources
You’ll be working with an empathetic and collaborative team that is excited to answer your questions and share their wisdom with you. We expect you to do the same.
We’re looking for an experienced candidate who’s done this work before in a professional setting. You won’t be able to answer all of our questions or know how all of our systems work in your first week, and we don’t expect you to. If you haven’t used all of our stack before, that’s fine. You’ll learn on the job and get up to speed quickly.
We don’t have specific requirements on years of experience or degrees because we care more about what you can do, and how you do it. Some members of our team have CS degrees, others are self-taught, have unrelated degrees or graduated from a coding bootcamp. At Collective Health, we believe diversity in background is just one of many forms of diversity that make for a strong team. What we want is leadership, ownership, and accountability.
We value people who are team-oriented, who constantly learn and more importantly, constantly teach. Above all, we want you to help us improve consistently over time.
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than 200,000 members and over 45 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.