Senior Full-Stack Developer
Who we are
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do
As a Senior Full-Stack Developer, you will help us build a platform for discovering nutritional data and analyzing it to provide valuable nuggets to our customers. You will be developing the back and front-end framework for our web-based platform.
- Using your technical expertise to implement User Stories using industry best practices for software development.
- Creating and designing core services that manipulate and present data in ways that bring value to our customers.
- Writes clear and concise technical documentation and user guides.
- Employ development best practices including code-reviews, coding best practices, design best practices, and continuous learning on the dynamic changes to the development industry.
What you bring.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field (or work equivalent).
- 6 years development experience using web technologies.
- Expert knowledge of core Java development and Object-Oriented development.
- Proven ability to consume and design RESTful APIs both internally and at scale.
- Strong relational database experience.
- Experience working with restful API’s and AJAX.
- Experience working in an iterative, agile software lifecycle with ability to estimate/scope the development of projects
- Experience with source control. Git experience a plus.
- Experience working on an enterprise level project.
- Experience working with continuous integration and integration testing.
- Optional experience:
- Spring Boot, Hibernate
- Cloud experience (especially Google Cloud Platform)
- Gradle (or Maven)
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.