Senior Full Stack Engineer at Reverb
Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has built an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear. In 2019 Reverb was acquired by Etsy. With the added support of one of the largest online marketplaces, we are on a path to becoming the go-to site for musicians everywhere.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides students, teachers, and leaders of music programs across the world with instruments they need.
Our Engineering organization takes pride in crafting great software that is centered around user compassion. We take an active role in product ownership by tracking the performance of features we release, talking to stakeholders and users, fixing bugs, and ultimately building products and features that have a measurable impact on the business. We work together, participating in pairing sessions, code reviews, and elevating other developers through continuous mentorship.Job Description
We build primarily in Ruby/Rails, Python, Go and React, but we value identifying the right language/framework for the job. We believe in fast feedback cycles, pragmatic code, continuous deployment, and validating our ideas in production as soon as we can.
Our teams are highly collaborative and empowered to make a better experience for our customers. We rely on our ability to work as a team and incorporate different perspectives in order to ship meaningful and impactful software to our users.
About the Role
This is a full-time position reporting to the Engineering Manager of our Full Stack teams. We are open to remote hires within multiple states, with preference for candidates located in Chicago, IL. For candidates who will work remotely visit this link for a list of approved locations.
Here are the qualities we look for in our potential hires:
Product ownership – we are not just software engineers. At Reverb, you’ll be encouraged to follow the performance of features you release, talk to product and design, fix bugs, and understand your impact on the business.
Self-motivation - taking the initiative to get things done by finding ways around potential roadblocks and proactively working with other team members to find right-sized solutions.
Learning and Teaching - you are someone who likes participate in code reviews and mentor other engineers directly. You also enjoy new challenges and learning new things to help you do your work more effectively.Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience with web technologies and applicable RDBMS. (We mainly use Ruby on Rails, Typescript, Postgres. ElasticSearch, Redis, and/or Docker experience highly desireable).
- Deep knowledge of a chosen web framework, but curiosity and ability to ramp up on new technologies quickly when called for.
- Consistent track record of taking ambiguous problems and turning them into concrete solutions.
- Ability and history of mentoring and coaching other engineers and the strong desire to level up the team.
- Desire to collaborate across departments and with customers.
About our compensation and benefits
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!