Senior Full Stack Software Developer
About the Role:
Prevail is a mission-driven and growing Chicago health tech startup transforming the way our users connect to mental-health resources and online support. Our vision: We believe in the potential for new technologies to transform the way people build mental resilience.
Our engineering team is passionate and scrappy. We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Lead/Senior Developer to write some really awesome code, and help drive our product forward. We've recently signed three new massive contracts, our company is really taking off, and we want you on board.
- Server Interface: Rack
- Back-end: Ruby on Rails, Sinatra with PostgreSQL
- Build and support internal APIs for Prevail’s mobile apps.
- Build data reporting tools for internal and external customers.
- Support our custom CMS, real-time messaging, proprietary video player, and other exciting technical challenges.
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership to improve processes and building a strong collaborative culture.
- Work closely with Product and Design to scope features and improve.
- Contribute your own unique ideas about how to make our product better for users.
- Computer Science Degree Required.
- 2+ years of experience with Rails back-end development.
- Experience working on teams using Agile Methodologies
- Experience with TDD
- Comfort with entire stack
- Experience with React/Redux development preferred.
- Mentoring or management experience strongly preferred
- Experience with DevOps is strongly preferred
- Experience leading teams or mentoring teammates is strongly preferred
- Experience with HIPAA and strong security practices preferred
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- We sponsor visa status.
- Friday happy hours and very relaxed dress code.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Subsidized public transit pass.
- 401(k) matching
- Rapidly growing company