We are building a company at the intersection of tech and logistics; creating a high achieving, thoughtful, inclusive, and people-centric culture. We're a group of passionate professionals with backgrounds across supply chain, logistics, bots, product, and engineering.
Working together, we are creating a better transportation experience for our Team, Carriers, and Customers. We have a loft space in Fulton Market that is built around collaboration and openness. It is also dog friendly and has a meditation room!
CoLane (formerly Fraight AI) is a workflow automation company disguised as a freight brokerage. We’re automating the $300B Contract Truckload Freight Market with a Human + Machine, tech-enabled services approach.
We're building Archie (our AI bot) to be able to automate 80% of the boring, routine tasks that are critical to the life of a freight broker, allowing our team to deliver quality and consistency while focusing on problems only people can solve.
Our leadership has founded 7 companies (including 5 exits) and CoLane has been recognized by Built-In Chicago as 50 Startups to Watch in 2018, ChicagoInno, and FreightWaves Best in Show.
Our Tech Stack:
- Heroku, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services
- Redis, Postgres
- TypeScript, NodeJS, Express, GraphQL
- React, Redux, Apollo GraphQL
You’re an intellectually curious, friendly craftsperson! You revel in the details of your work and take pride making beautiful things. Specifically, you build software. You’re a good team member. You’re comfortable with nuance, tradeoffs, and alternative points of view. You bring people up around you. You’re comfortable with a little bit of chaos that comes with an early stage startup.
- 3+ years of professional engineering experience.
- We have nothing against first time engineers--we want to hire lots of them soon--but right now, we’re looking for someone with some experience.
- You have an eye for the user. This doesn’t mean you’re a graphic designer, or a PM. But, you are able to make a useable interface and understand how an engineer’s choices can affect the user.
- You know JS isn’t the last language you will code in.
- Have experience architecting a system that can support a large number of users / a substantial amount of changing data
- Have experience architecting front-end react apps.
- Have experience working at seed or series A startups.
- Comfortable in all aspects of the software delivery pipeline: planning, designing, implementing, testing, deploying.
- You have a positive relationship with testing.
- Have worked on a production node app or react app.
- You’re comfortable getting up in front of people and leading a talk on a new technology.
- Quantitative background.
- Competitive base salary
- Equity grant, so each person in the company is rewarded and feels a sense of ownership as the company grows
- 401k plan available with a variety of investment options
- CoLane covers 75% of team member’s medical, dental and vision insurance premiums
- Delicious snacks and beverages provided by CoLane
- Weekly team lunches sponsored by CoLane
Family & Vacation
- Paid family leave and flexible work from home upon returning from leave
- Flexible work from home policy
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 5 weeks paid time off per year
- Ventra pre-tax benefit program
- Learning resources (books, subscriptions, etc)
- Solid tools. Fast mac, big monitor, nice headphones
- Monthly team events outside of the office
- Weekly all hands meetings
Commitment to Diversity:
We get it. The demographics of tech companies don’t match up with America. We believe in changing that and we are actively looking for candidates from all backgrounds. We intend to challenge the status quo in tech demographics by introducing innovative recruiting and HR practices that seek out, support, and join individuals from diverse backgrounds
Read Full Job Description