Senior iOS Engineer at Wipfli
Come work with a team of talented and authentic designers, developers, strategists, UX architects, and tech visionaries. We build products that we’re incredibly proud of—for clients that we deeply respect—within a team of great friends and colleagues. Punchkick Interactive has a culture of excellence and we're looking for folks who feel alive and thrive in this unique environment.
Punchkick has landed on the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies 5 years in a row, and was voted the best place to work in Chicago by the Chicago Business Journal. To date, Punchkick has worked with 18 of the Fortune 500 with more to come.
The iOS Developer position is responsible for creating and architecting new mobile applications, maintaining and improving existing features in existing applications, and working with our sales team to develop innovative solutions that meet clients business needs. We are looking for a passionate developer who loves to tackle new challenges, learn new frameworks and technologies, and work alongside other developers.
- Minimum 5 years development experience with iOS applications
- Proficient in Swift, and experienced with Objective-C. Strong object-oriented programming and design skills.
- Familiarity with agile development practices and having the ability to analyze large features and implement practical solutions
- Background working with RESTful API's
- Experience collaborating with teams of various sizes, communicating clearly, actively sharing knowledge, and performing peer review on merge requests.
- Ability to work in various team sizes that could scale anywhere from working solo to a team of ten plus developers across various disciplines
- Deep understanding of UIKit, Foundation, and other core iOS frameworks
- Working knowledge of software design patterns, architectures; and experience writing automated tests
- Contributed to at least one application on the Apple App Store
Nice to haves:
- Ability to reference Apple HIG and iOS best practices
- A published app in the App Store that demonstrates your skills and expertise
- Able to maintain and refactor existing code bases to best practices and new technologies
- Understanding of network frameworks as well as third parties such as Alamofire
- Decision making skills and understanding trade offs when choosing to use third party libraries
- Experience with Fastlane and Continuous Integration
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar field
- Leading architecture and development of iOS applications
- Coordinating with strategy, internal and external stakeholders, and design throughout the product lifecycle
- Being a core contributor to codebases across many projects and clients
- Collaborating closely across development disciplines to coordinate, and in some cases drive feature functionality and implementation
- Practice and promote good team practices, such as regular code review and pair programming
- Assisting the client support team using your technical background
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations and approaches