Senior iOS Engineer
We are growing the digital technology team to power the future of digital news and promote quality journalism. We’re looking for a smart and talented software engineer who wants to contribute to the future of journalism and fit into our culture of collaboration and innovation.
As a senior iOS engineer, you will help enhance tronc's iOS mobile applications for properties like the LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Baltimore Sun and other publications.
- Works as part of a team to communicate, plan, design, develop, document, and implement high quality software solutions within the required timeframes using an Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Works on the most complex components of core systems with little or no guidance
- Consistently delivers excellent work results
- Mentors less-experienced team members
- Assist key stakeholders (i.e. software engineers, application support, operations, vendors) in troubleshooting issues as they arise
- Must be available for non-business hours support and work when necessary
- Participate in department and interdepartmental projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Must have Minimum of 6-8+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, and procedures, with an emphasis on Agile methodologies (XP or Scrum).
- A deep familiarity with Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, and UIKit
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics, and Core Text.
- Prior Experience with multiple mobile (and tablet) apps on Apple App Store.
- Experience developing Android applications is a plus.
- Experience with XML, JSON, REST based web services.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Requires a customer service orientation and competence in response to vendors and staff during system development, implementation, and problem resolution.
- Ability to solve critical issues & work well under pressure
- Must be available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week on an emergency basis for troubleshooting.
- Must be able to participate in occasional travel to other business units, vendors, or client sites.