Senior Java Software Engineer at CCC Intelligent Solutions
CCC Intelligent Solutions Inc. is the technology platform for the P&C insurance economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries - insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more - to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC's network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020 & 2021. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC's success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC's tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 7 locations worldwide and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCCIS). Find out more about CCC Intelligent Solutions by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
He or she will analyze, develop, test, & assist with the integration of new applications. He or she will also prepare documentation on development activity for code reviews and assist with tracking performance metrics. This position involves integrating the knowledge of business with functional priorities. The Senior Java Developer will act as a key contributor in a complex & crucial environment and may lead teams of developers & mentor new team members.
- Develops new software & web applications, supports applications under development, & customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing, & editing of documentation & technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, & formal recommendations & reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors & evaluates competitive applications & products. Reviews literature, patents, & current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification & technical requirements
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, & skills & their application in specified engineering specialty.
- Possesses a good vocabulary of design & architectural terms & is familiar with the practical application of these terms.
- Exercises independent judgment & discretion in matters of significance.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins or Hudson.
- Resolve production defects and issues
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have 6 plus years of Java/J2EE software engineeringexperience or 2 years with Masters
- Substantial RDBMS & SQL experience
- Good understanding of microservices based software design & best practices
- Familiarity in using Git or another modern source repository
- Strong experience in unit testing principles & methodologies
- Rest/SOAP API definition & implementation
- Experience working on backend systems
- Experience on the development of web-based applications