SpotOn - Chicago, IL (In-House only, but relocation available)
With a tech team based out of an open and sunny office in Chicago’s West Loop, SpotOn is a fast-growing Point-of-Sale, marketing, loyalty, sales, and reputation tracking platform that helps customers check in to earn rewards at their favorite local businesses using our web, mobile phone, and tablet products. Business owners can use data generated by these check-ins, as well as sales data, to reach out and connect with their customers, and manage their online reputation, and experience the benefits of loyal, returning customers.
No frontend software is totally complete without some tests to prove it does what you claim it does. You’ll be working with our other JS-capable developers and our automated test engineer to test, through CasperJS, as much functionality as possible - including writing tests for some pages written before we started focusing on this. Ideally, seeing a green checkmark next to your pull request (as certified by our automated Jenkins setup), which included some new tests of your own, makes you smile.
If this describes you…
- Able to work on-site in our Chicago, IL office on a full-time basis
- Experience and Familiar with the Node.js ecosystem
- Component-based architecture
- One-way data flow
- Asynchronous programming (callbacks, promises, async/await)
- Transpilation and source maps * Bonus points: you can MacGyver together some survival level (or better) Python to feed your frontend with data.
- Mega bonus points: You have published npm modules
… then here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Relocation stipend available
- Reasonable work-from-home flexibility
- West-loop office has easy access to all major CTA & Metra train lines
- Casual dress code
- Kitchen stocked with drinks and snacks
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time