Senior Linux Engineer at CCC Information Services
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to join our CCC team. We are looking for engineers that are highly motivated and passionate that are excited to learn and exploit technology to continuously improve. The engineer will serve on a cross-functional team supporting Linux and AWS technologies in a fast-paced large IT organization. They will be involved in all aspects with the ability to influence initiatives on premise and in the cloud.
- Serve on cross-functional project teams as a platform subject matter expert
- Document system design and related processes
- Adapt daily to changing environment requirements and manage multiple tasks
- Lead team initiatives and coach junior team members
- Assume total responsibility for work assigned and deliver on commitments
- Take ownership of problems and/or issues and ensure timely resolution
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement of the Linux and Storage environments.
- Follow all documented processes and procedures as defined by internal documentation
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7+ years of experience with Linux Operating Systems, Red Hat and/or Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Experience in automating all aspects of Linux system administration including server buildouts, inventory, asset management, and patch management.
- Experience with Linux performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting. – (Senior Candidate)
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.), configuration management systems (Chef, Ansible, Puppet), and scripting (Python, Shell, Power CLI, VRO).
- Experience in the design, installation, configuration, and support of VMware ESXi vSphere/vMotion/HA/DRS.
- Experience with EMC VMAX/VNX/Unity/Isilon/Data Domain or other storage providers and Commvault or other backup technologies .
- Experience with Red Hat Ceph Storage a plus. –
- Experience with server hardware especially HP – (we are an HP Shop)
- Experience supporting a 24/7 operation, including on-call support
- Ability to work in a team to solve complex problems involving multiple disciplines