Senior Manager, Engineering & Automation
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our portfolio of brands (Grubhub, Seamless, LevelUp, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Senior Manager, Engineering & Automation is the leader of a senior-level multi-discipline technical and strategic team, tasked with designing, implementing and supporting all internal corporate systems for approximately 5,000 employees / outsource partners in over 20 office locations.
This role, based in Chicago, reports to the Director of Corporate IT and is responsible for setting the strategic direction, providing leadership to and day-to-day management of the team and ensuring a consistent, highly available and quality deliverance of core services.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Manage IT Engineering for the infrastructure and systems, including but not limited to, strategy, planning, implementation, and ongoing support of business operations in alignment with budgetary compliance and driving efficiencies
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all corporate systems, including System architecture, Datacenters, Cloud, Windows, Linux, SCCM, Storage, Backups, etc
- Design and implement short and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure/system designs meet existing and future requirements
- Assess and deliver IT products/services in alignment with evolving business needs and objectives
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, partners, and peers
- Identify and drive delivery of opportunities for automation and process simplification
- Be flexible. We're growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow
You Should Have
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field experience
- 7-10 years of hands-on experience in server systems, systems architecture, or other infrastructure technologies
- 5+ years of experience managing large technical teams and projects, owning internal IT systems and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies and understanding of industry trends
- Experience in process design, organizational transformation, and governance
- Expert knowledge of IT Infrastructure\system technologies and industry trends associated with productivity, cloud/SaaS, telecom, security, directory services, network, systems, storage, databases, communication and end-user technologies
- Experience in managing business-critical and customer-facing systems
- Strong understanding of public and private cloud architectures; experience with public cloud providers
- Able to provide architectural technical input and general direction
- Ability to work independently or through leading a team of professionals from critical-thinking workshops to the completion of mission-critical projects
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.