Senior Manager, Engineering at Yello
We’ve all had a recruiting experience that stands out, either because it was magical or ‘oh so horrible.’
The technology that recruiting teams use to find, connect with, and advance talent often shapes a candidate’s experience. Yello’s software enables employers to recruit effectively and efficiently. If it excites you to be a part of a team that helps some of the world’s largest brands connect with their talent, then come grow your career with Yello.
Founded in 2008, Yello is a venture-backed talent acquisition software company that empowers Fortune 500 and fast-growing enterprise companies to find the best talent for their organizations. Our solutions help recruiters love their work — and helps people early in their careers find their dream job.
~We believe in bringing our authentic selves to work.
~We are hungry to learn and are forever curious.
~We do what’s right for our customers, leading with our expertise.
~We are proactive.
~And last but not least, we strive to start with empathy in all of our interactions.
About The Role
As a Senior Manager in Engineering at Yello, you will be responsible and accountable for all development, delivery, and support of products and features delegated to your team. You will collaborate closely with a variety of talented individuals from Engineering, Product, Sales and Marketing to help ensure that we build the right products and features while always focusing on high-quality development and great customer experiences.
You will work with engineering and product leadership to construct the long-term roadmap and quarterly deliverables for areas that your team works on, ensuring that our products continue to meet the needs of our users.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Effectively coach, mentor, influence and inspire the technical and professional development of each team member
- Grow the team by sourcing and hiring, both externally and internally, the right people.
- Actively communicate the goals and objectives of Yello to ensure the team understands the true impact of their efforts
- Constantly empower the team to make appropriate and necessary decisions by removing fear, conflict and other impediments
- Continuously improve the flow of delivery by diagnosing and addressing bottlenecks discovered throughout the entire development process chain
- Align the team to the agile best practices outlined and followed by the organization
- Bridge all communication gaps between the team and business to help achieve shared understanding across all groups within the organization
- Regularly meet with product leadership to assess team goals and priorities
- Define processes and procedures for effectively escalating issues impacting the team
- Provide technical suggestions to help the team uncover potential solutions when faced with complex problems
- Engage with other engineering teams to ensure technical alignment and consistency across the organization
- Assess potential technical leaders within the team
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of 5+ engineers
- 5+ years of experience building software systems
- Experience successfully taking software projects from inception to production
- Active listener with great communication skills
- Experience building complex business applications for web or mobile
- Experience creating and championing a team's technical strategy and roadmap initiatives
- Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teams such as Customer Service and Sales
- Comfortable diving into and reviewing code throughout the entire stack
- Provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams
- Strong CS fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, design patterns, etc.
- A broad knowledge-base and understanding of technologies such as information security, scalability, performance, resiliency
- Strong understanding and practice of the Agile methodology
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time.
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills