Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Core - 20-0125
- Makes Effective Decisions- Display an ownership mindset; Be accountable for and beyond the features your team develops. Leads a team of software and quality engineers, architects and technical product managers to be effective in the design and development of software applications and systems per business demands and requirements
- Promotes Personal Learning - The Senior Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for the professional development of their Managers and their teams under them and is the subject matter expert for the product features they are involved in. He or she will work collaboratively with Managers and their teams to identify and develop the talents of each individual on their teams;
- Builds High-Performing Teams - Responsible for building and leading multiple, highly effective teams of software engineers, and working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process. Keep your team’s vision aligned with bigger picture in mind.
- Aligns Goals with Strategy - Serves as technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their respective domain or feature set. Stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive. Be a subject matter expert in your area of our product. Use long term strategic thinking to guide and develop your teams to help them meet overall product goals. Exercises a significant latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments. Be innovative. Think beyond the when crafting solutions and considering impact.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline, including the latest programming languages, object-oriented programming, hands-on architecture high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database modeling and access languages, cloud environments such as SaaS
- Strong Leadership skills, ability to perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- In depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related disciplines
- 7+ years of experience managing software product development teams
- 12+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams