Senior Manager, Software Engineering (Navigation Platform)
The Navigation Platform offers seamless navigation and guidance across Rally enabling them to connect with the services they need to maintain and improve their health and make the best decisions. It enables employers by supporting their entire population's benefits and programs.
Join Rally Health as a Senior Manager where you will manage multiple teams working on the Navigation Experience.
We are an engineering driven company, where our technology is modern and agile. We host our microservices based distributed systems in the public cloud (AWS). Automated processes drive and maintain our quality at the highest level. Some key technologies used are: Java, Scala, React, Angular, Play, Akka, Kafka, Spark, HDFS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Jenkins, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ and Elasticsearch.
- You will provide leadership and technical guidance to unify and expand our existing systems during rapid business growth.
- You can perform feature level design given high-level requirements; understand implications on other components.
- You are an expert in picking the right pattern to solve a problem taking into account requirements, scalability/performance, time available to implement.
- You will provide a single point of contact for all engineering activities of the team, with a focus on an area of expertise (QA, engineering, DevOps).
- You will lead the execution of projects and partner with various leaders in Engineering, Product and other teams as needed.
- You will report metrics effectively to important partners.
- You will actively mentor and advocate for the career growth of individuals on your team.
- You will hire phenomenal engineers who complement the existing team.
- You will continue to sharpen your technical skills through code reviews, design discussions and sometimes check in code.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Independently started self-sustaining teams
- Actively involved in setting product strategy
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple requirements across teams
Why join Rally?
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
At Rally, we believe in the importance of communication and collaboration to ensure every opinion is valued. Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valid. A diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Everything we do is performed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch it needs.Our Benefits:
Resources to help you excel in our creative work atmosphere:
- Great compensation package
- Daily onsite catered lunches
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k)
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).