FLI Charge creates convenient power delivery solutions that power your future. Our ecosystem of conductive charging products allow multiple devices to be charged quickly at the same time. We’re a leader in innovative, on-the-go charging solutions for hotels, schools, offices, and worksites. We help people Live Life, Fully Charged.
- Lead new mechanical design projects from Concept through Mass Production.
- Drive timely design decisions in collaboration with Product & Engineering teams.
- Prototype models to quickly validate new mechanical designs.
- Develop detailed specs and CAD drawings to ensure robust design optimize Quality, Mass, and Cost of new product designs.
- Perform Thermal analysis, Tolerance analysis, FMEA; work closely with ODM vendors to resolve issues.
- Support the build and test cycle (Travel required).
- Conduct field failure root cause analysis and evaluate solutions.
- Research new materials and technologies.
- Continuous improvement of product designs and product development process.
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of experience designing consumer technology products
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven history of delivering results and overcoming technical challenges
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Electronic packaging (small devices), PCB design, Adhesives and Encapsulation
- CAD (Pro/Engineer, AutoDesk, etc.)
- Finite Element Analysis
- Design with thermal management materials
- Injection molding tool design
- Design for Manufacturing & Assembly, Error Proofing (Pokayoke)
- Design for Reliability
- Design for Service
- Value Engineering / Value Analysis, Target Costing, Platforming
- Familiarity with high volume manufacturing processes and rapid prototyping
- Self-starter; Able to work individually and in small, remote teams
- Flexible; Able to adjust to dynamic product specifications and customer feedback